- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site;
- Who collects such information;
- How such information is used;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration
of information under our control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information.
The information that we collect relates directly to the action being completed. Depending on the action, we may collect your name, email address, email format preference (HTML vs. Text), address, interests, and similar information. For financial transactions such as donations or store purchases, we will need to collect your credit card number.
We use personal and financial information collected to deliver requested information or to complete the requested transaction and to maintain accurate financial records. We never sell, share or trade any of our customer information with other companies.
Any transaction that can be completed online may also be completed via phone or mail instead, should you have concerns about security. Please see our contact page for information on reaching us by phone or mail.
VBVMI is the sole owner of the information collected on the website. This site does not collect personally identifying information about users except when you specifically and knowingly provide it. For example, we collect information from you in the following ways:
- Some areas of our Site request or require contact and other information.
- During the submission of a webform question, we request optional personal
information such as your name, address, and email address.
Additionally, when making an online donation, we request certain personal financial information necessary to complete the transaction, however VBVMI does not record or retain your credit card data used during the transaction. We collect the minimal necessary personal information to maintain a record of your donation for tax receipt purposes.
When making an online donation using your credit or debit card, your card information is transmitted using standard internet protocols, but unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. To increase the security of your transactions, please protect your usernames and passwords, be sure to log-out of the site when completing your transaction, and use a secure Internet connection when completing a financial transaction.
VBVMI only initiates communications with users who have subscribed to our mailing list. VBVMI provides users with the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time by emailing us.