Verse By Verse Ministry International endeavors to teach the Bible with grace, clarity and humility. We reject any man-made tradition, dogma or denominational bias that runs counter to the Word of God or seeks to divide the Body of Christ. Instead, we embrace the unchanging and unequaled truth revealed in God's Word, which unites all believers by one Spirit.
Our belief in the sufficiency and supremacy of God's Word guides and grounds all our teaching, and though we comprehend God's truth imperfectly in our present sinful condition (1Cor 13:12), nevertheless we hold the following doctrinal precepts to be the plain and consistent teaching of God's word:
1. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that He created everything out of nothing for His own pleasure and purpose.
2. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the verbally inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible in the original manuscripts, and the supreme and final authority in matters of faith and life, interpreted by the Holy Spirit to each individual believer.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that when Adam sinned he placed all mankind into both physical and spiritual death; thus man became alienated from God, totally depraved, and incapable of remedying his sinful condition by his own means.
4. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten of the Father through the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is true man without ceasing to be God.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ lived a sinless and perfect life that fully pleased His Father; that He died on the cross for the sins of those who turn to Him in faith, and that He bore the judgment demanded by God's holy justice against sin, so that God remains just and at the same time justifies those who believe in Jesus.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, never to die again, and ascended to the right hand of the Father, where He intercedes as High Priest and Advocate on behalf of all who believe in Him.
7. We believe that those who have been miraculously born again of the Holy Spirit, by faith alone and through no merit of their own, do trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as their only Savior; and as children of God become partakers of His divine nature; receive forgiveness of sins by Christ's atoning sacrifice; are justified and receive Christ's righteousness; and are eternally secure in Him.
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit baptizes all true believers into the one true Church, the body of Christ, indwells every believer eternally, bestows spiritual gifts upon them and empowers them for service and holy living.
9. We believe that the Scriptures have given us everything pertaining to life and godliness, including not only salvation from the penalty of sin but instruction in righteousness for present sanctification and service to the glory of God.
10. We believe that two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, neither of which is essential to salvation, are to be observed by all believers in obedience to our Lord until Christ's return.
11. We believe that at death the souls of the redeemed pass immediately into Christ's presence to remain there until the resurrection of the body at Christ's return for the Church.
12. We believe that at death the souls of the lost go to hell, where they remain until they are brought before Christ at the Great White Throne judgment to be judged according to their works and cast into the Lake of Fire, there to remain eternally.
13. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the redeemed at the premillennial return of Christ for his Church, when the souls and spirits of those who have died will be reunited with their bodies, now immortal, and that believers who are alive at that time, their bodies likewise transformed into immortality, will be caught up together with them to meet Christ in the air, ever to be with Him.
14. We believe in the personal, bodily return of our Lord Jesus Christ to rescue Israel at Armageddon and to establish His millennial kingdom, reigning over this earth from his father David's throne in Jerusalem, and that His redeemed will reign with Him in resurrected bodies for 1,000 years.
15. We believe in the coming new heavens and new earth, and that God's people will live eternally with Christ in the New Jerusalem.